Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chockablock Cookies




Chocokablock Cookies by Dorie Greenspan.  I made these cookies this morning.  What a fun concoction of ingredients.  In my rendition, I didn't use vegetable shortening in my cookies.  I don't like those pesky transfats, and I always have plenty of butter on hand~"butta is better" says Julia Child.  I think the molasses makes this cookie, they are the backbone of flavor, with the chocolate next.  All the add ins I used are: pecan pieces, mixed raisins and dried cranberries, chocolate chips, and unsweetened coconut. I declare these cookies delicious!  







Find the recipe on Mary's blog: Popsicles and Sandy Feet  or page 86 in Baking From My Home To Yours by Dorie Greenspan.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Glad you enjoyed them as much as I did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went a totally different direction with this cookie.

    Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were a hit at my home as well. Fun recipe, I will make it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look wholesome, hearty and chewy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I whole heartedly agree with your declaration! These were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete