Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chocolate Cake and White Cake with Bavarian Cream


 


I made two birthday cakes last week.  The first one a delicious deep chocolate cake with a chocolate pudding filling, and a fudgy icing.  I used a recipe out of The Cake Book by Tish Boyle.  I made chocolate covered stawberries to go on top.  Of course I sent that separate, so it could be assembled it at the party.  Here are the pieces, you just have to use your imagination here my friends!  Or look at this very similar cake I made last December Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Covered Strawberries.


The top of the cake, just imagine it surrounded in pretty chocolate covered strawberries.  I'm still perfecting my writing.  Believe it or not, it's getting better. :p  This is a 10" cake on the bottom and an 8" cake on the top.  I used wooden dowels to hold it all together.



My next cake was a White Cake with Bavarian Cream filling.  I have only made the Bavarian cream filling once before and I think I managed to get that down this time (It's so yummy!!), but I had trouble, and I mean Trouble, with the icing.  It was a combination of problems- humidity, not enough sugar, then too much sugar in the icing.  I struggled with this one, oh well, no one is perfect!  I hope you had a nice birthday Maryori!  :)


Here is the side of the cake.  Isn't that cute?

Hope you have a great week, and I'm back to baking!  




2 comments:

  1. I'm using my imagination and it is saying, those look yummy! I love Bavarian cream ANYTHING! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I love the chocolatey icing in the first shot... give me a fork please! Nice work, they both look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete