Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tween Birthday Party Cake for R

Courtney said her daughter was turning 9 and would like a colorful fun Tween Birthday Cake.  What a fun project!
I got out my copy of "The Cake Book" by Tish Boyle and I made her delicious "Devilishly Moist Chocolate Cake".  I love this book!  I layered it with Billy's white Vanilla Buttercream icing.   I sprinkled a few chocolate morsels in between the upper tier for added chocolate flavor.

I had fun decorating the top layer with fondant.  I love girly cakes and this one was a blast to decorate!  Here is a close up of the front of the cake under the bow.

Front of the cake.


Right side of the cake with flowers.

Back side of the cake, with a few stars sprinkled around the rope border.

Left side of the cake with the ribbon and butterfly.

One last picture.  Happy birthday R!!
I love to read your comments and I love followers!
Blessings, Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Rachel--this cake is stunning!! Great job--she must have been blown out of the water when she saw this beauty! I know with Tish's cake and Billy's icing, it was amazingly delicious!

    ReplyDelete