Monday, November 2, 2009

Carrot Pumpkin Cake


Carrot Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese frosting. I converted an Earthbound Farms recipe-Farm Stand Carrot Cake from their Food To Live By cookbook. I just substituted 1/2 the carrots for pumpkin, and omitted the nuts from the batter. It turned out wonderful!!




Earthbound Farm's Farm Stand in Carmel Valley, CA.


Carrot Pumpkin Cake with walnuts along the outside....

When we lived in CA, we would often visit the Earthbound Farm's Farm Stand and I've tasted the Carrot Cake. I knew it would be a winner recipe, and now it's got a new twist! I'm missing Earthbound farms, every fall they have a fun Harvest Festival with lots of organic pumpkins! We have had so many good times out there.

Here are some organic pumpkins we got one fall at Earthbound Farms. We did a pumpkin scramble and collected all we could in (I think) 90 seconds! Pretty good scrambling!




And now back to yummy cake! All sliced up and ready to serve!


Posted by Picasa

We seved this up on Friday night at Chris and Gary's. Thanks for the good times y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment