Monday, April 5, 2010

Giant Cupcake "Happy Second Birthday!"

A Giant cupcake!  I loved making this cake.  It is a vanilla cake, with buttercream icing.  I made matching Billy Vanillie cupcakes to go with it.  This was the first time I've used the Giant Cupcake Pan by Wilton.  (I made the Easter Basket after this one!)


I made this to match her birthday party plates:



I made a candy shell for the bottom of the cake, then I covered it with stripes of fondant.  I placed the cake inside the candy shell.  Then I put the top half of the cake on.  I made the matching fondant circles for the top of the cake.


Next I made a cute little cherry for the top of the cake.  I made this out of gum drops.  I thought it looked just like a maraschino cherry!

Here is the Birthday Cupcake Cake with the matching cupcakes.


The cupcakes again!  


I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! 




1 comment:

  1. Wow, gorgeous! You did a fantastic job with the fondant! I'm sure the birthday girl was thrilled!

    ReplyDelete