Friday, March 5, 2010

Birthday Present Cake for Lauren

















A Birthday Present Cake for Lauren.  Lauren is turning 13 and wanted a cake that looked like a present.  She wanted a white frosting with two shades of pink.  Her cake is Billy's Vanilla, from here on out I've decided to call it Billy Vanillie.  I just can't help it, I'm an 80's child.  

I really liked the her and her mom's idea to make a tag.  My first attempt at that is below.  I made it a little wonky for fun, then added a little flower for accent.




I used my new embossing rolling pen, I got at the cake show.  I'm loving this! That is how I made the flowers on the ribbon.  I added luster dust to all the ribbon, but I can't see it in the photos.  It made it nice and sparkley.




















I added a little plastic wrap for support while she transports it.  Now I'm off to make another cake!  Have a great day everyone!  Blessings, Rachel

1 comment: