Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Soft Chocolate and Raspberry Tart

Today is Tuesday's with Dorie, and this week I made the Soft Chocolate Raspberry Tart.  This past weekend, my Mother and Father in law came over for dinner.  The perfect excuse to make the tart.  It was so scrumptious and did not leave us disappointed.  


For this tart I used organic raspberries and I even found a nice block of bittersweet chocolate - Callebaut Chocolate.  I'm not big on fancy chocolate but this time I splurged.  It was worth it.  The tart crust came together very crumbly, but I went with it, and pressed it into the pan.  It worked wonderfully. 


You can find this recipe in Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan, or read Mommy? I’m Hungry!  If you want to see other versions of this delicious tart check out the TWD Blogroll!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm... Callebaut. Glad you and the family enjoyed the tart!
    -CB
    http://iheartfood4thought.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tart looks so good! I agree with you, it is definitely worth splashing out on really good chocolate for this recipe. You can really taste the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm looks very pretty. I 'm certain your family loved it, and the raspberries are perfecto!
    AmyRuth

    I love Callebaut. If you have a friend who owns a restaurant, sometimes you can order through them from a food broker. Lots of choco for a better price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chocolate and raspberry tarts look simply fabulous. I am going gaga over it. :)
    Hey,Would you be interested in participating in a giveaway? I have one going on at my blog right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. I really want to try this someday with raspberries. (I went with pistachios.) Everyone's raspberry tarts look so good.

    ReplyDelete